- John Deere named one of the best global brands
- John Deere Iowa factory celebrates its 100th anniversary
- John Deere encourages children to carry on the tradition of farm life
- University expansion gives John Deere the chance to gain a new facility
- Illinois students become familiar with the most up-to-speed farming equipment
- A tractor museum in North Dakota features unique John Deere tractors
- John Deere antique clock keeps tabs on the company's dedication to farm life
- High school agriculture students get a sample of groundbreaking equipment
- John Deere plays its part in Perryville's Old Timers' Day event
- Renovations are being performed in Moline to maintain the John Deere heritage
Louisiana Farmer of the Year award program accepting nominations
Posted by Green Fun Store on 10/19/2010 to Farm Lifestyle
This will be the 14th year a person in the state will be honored as the Louisiana Farmer of the Year. The acknowledgement is sponsored by the Louisiana State University AgCenter, the state's Department of Agriculture and Forestry, the Louisiana Farm Bureau Federation and the Agri-News Network.
Bill Richardson, chancellor of the LSU AgCenter, noted agriculture is an important part of the state's economy.
"It provides not only food and fiber for our citizens, but for many, it is the place where they go to work," Richardson said.
Those interested have until December 10, 2010, to nominate a person for the honor. Three finalists will be chosen and featured during a ceremony on February 25,2011, at Baton Rouge's White Oak Plantation. There, the winner will be announced and will receive a number of prizes.
Many states and the federal government have their own programs to honor agricultural participants who have contributed greatly to the industry.