- John Deere named one of the best global brands
- John Deere Iowa factory celebrates its 100th anniversary
- John Deere encourages children to carry on the tradition of farm life
- University expansion gives John Deere the chance to gain a new facility
- Illinois students become familiar with the most up-to-speed farming equipment
- A tractor museum in North Dakota features unique John Deere tractors
- John Deere antique clock keeps tabs on the company's dedication to farm life
- High school agriculture students get a sample of groundbreaking equipment
- John Deere plays its part in Perryville's Old Timers' Day event
- Renovations are being performed in Moline to maintain the John Deere heritage
Posted by Green Fun Store on 4/19/2011 to Current News/Events of John Deere
Since Greensburg was devastated by one of the worst tornadoes in recorded history, its locals have been rebuilding under the banner of environmental efficiency. Having the goal of becoming the greenest community on earth, local residents are uniting with the hope that other world-wide cities will follow their lead.
Large companies around the U.S. are latching onto the idea by providing additional support for Greensburg. For example, at the helm of a $400,000 investment, the Discovery Channel is filming a documentary that will further promote the cause. John Deere is not only promoting the town's aspirations, but it's also constructing a wind farm nearby that will encourage green energy throughout the state. Even President Barack Obama has made several mentions of the now-famous town.