- John Deere named one of the best global brands
- John Deere Iowa factory celebrates its 100th anniversary
- John Deere encourages children to carry on the tradition of farm life
- University expansion gives John Deere the chance to gain a new facility
- Illinois students become familiar with the most up-to-speed farming equipment
- A tractor museum in North Dakota features unique John Deere tractors
- John Deere antique clock keeps tabs on the company's dedication to farm life
- High school agriculture students get a sample of groundbreaking equipment
- John Deere plays its part in Perryville's Old Timers' Day event
- Renovations are being performed in Moline to maintain the John Deere heritage
Posted by Green Fun Store on 5/4/2011 to Current News/Events of John Deere
According to the Massachusetts Daily Collegian, the UMass Turf Team placed third place in this year's competition. They were in close competition with the usual winners, such as Iowa State University and Indiana's Purdue University.
This competition is designed to test the students' skills when it comes to growth and development, physiology, soils and fertility, pest management, environmental knowledge and business management. These skills are not limited to golf courses, as they can also be applied to farm life or residential maintenance.
Students at UMass earned their right to the finals in central Florida by engaging in landscaping services for residents across Pioneer Valley throughout the year. By doing this, they raised $7,000 to cover some of the trip's cost.