- John Deere named one of the best global brands
- John Deere Iowa factory celebrates its 100th anniversary
- John Deere encourages children to carry on the tradition of farm life
- University expansion gives John Deere the chance to gain a new facility
- Illinois students become familiar with the most up-to-speed farming equipment
- A tractor museum in North Dakota features unique John Deere tractors
- John Deere antique clock keeps tabs on the company's dedication to farm life
- High school agriculture students get a sample of groundbreaking equipment
- John Deere plays its part in Perryville's Old Timers' Day event
- Renovations are being performed in Moline to maintain the John Deere heritage
Posted by Green Fun Store on 5/4/2011 to Current News/Events of John Deere
According to TriCities.com, the John Deere Foundation is donating $250,000 to the American Red Cross in order to prevent farm life from being disrupted in the states that were affected by last week's severe weather. This horrific event has stricken the hearts of employees at the John Deere Power Products Factory in Greenville, Tennessee, as they grieve over the death of their co-worker Bobby Gene Harrison.
"It's a huge loss for all of us here," Factory Manager Curt Cline told the news source. "We're a family here at John Deere and we're a very tight-knit group."
Aside from monetary contributions to Red Cross, the manufacturer is also providing its employees with the opportunity to engage in the relief efforts without losing pay.