- John Deere named one of the best global brands
- John Deere Iowa factory celebrates its 100th anniversary
- John Deere encourages children to carry on the tradition of farm life
- University expansion gives John Deere the chance to gain a new facility
- Illinois students become familiar with the most up-to-speed farming equipment
- A tractor museum in North Dakota features unique John Deere tractors
- John Deere antique clock keeps tabs on the company's dedication to farm life
- High school agriculture students get a sample of groundbreaking equipment
- John Deere plays its part in Perryville's Old Timers' Day event
- Renovations are being performed in Moline to maintain the John Deere heritage
Behr Iron and Steel wins John Deere supplier award
Posted by Green Fun Store on 3/25/2011 to Current News/Events of John Deere
The company was given the honor after partnering with Deere's Construction and Forestry Division to develop and put into action new management processes to enhance the efficiency of their operation. They won the award over 1,000 other indirect material suppliers that were eligible.
“John Deere challenges its suppliers to continuously improve, meet challenges on the fly and add value,” William Bremner, Behr's president, said in a statement. “It’s also keen on reducing its costs and environmental footprint. This very prestigious award is proof that our partnership with Deere is producing significant results in all of these categories.”
In addition to the plan with the construction and forestry department, Behr also dedicated significant resources to help meet stringent environmental guidelines at Deere plants in Dubuque and Davenport, Iowa, according to the news source.
Deere also noted that the company's help in the John Deere Cost Reduction Opportunities Process resulted in a yearly savings of $150,000 in 2010.