- John Deere named one of the best global brands
- John Deere Iowa factory celebrates its 100th anniversary
- John Deere encourages children to carry on the tradition of farm life
- University expansion gives John Deere the chance to gain a new facility
- Illinois students become familiar with the most up-to-speed farming equipment
- A tractor museum in North Dakota features unique John Deere tractors
- John Deere antique clock keeps tabs on the company's dedication to farm life
- High school agriculture students get a sample of groundbreaking equipment
- John Deere plays its part in Perryville's Old Timers' Day event
- Renovations are being performed in Moline to maintain the John Deere heritage
John Deere enthusiasts may enjoy new Ag Department blog
Posted by Green Fun Store on 7/15/2010
The U.S. Department of Agriculture is trying to make this possible through the Know Your Farmer, Know Your Food program, which was launched by Ag Secretary Tom Vilsack last year. The goal of the program is to help farmers and people in their area come together and further cement connections at the region and local level.
Recently, the program saw a new feature added through a blog that will share stories of farmers finding success through the program. The Ideas and Stories postings will also be a place where people can share their thoughts on agriculture.
"This showcase will serve as a hub of ideas, local success stories, and USDA resources that showcase and strengthen the link between local production and local consumption that benefits producers of all sizes," Vilsack said.
Another way consumers may be able to connect with producers is through attending the variety of farmers markets and fairs that are featured during this time of year.