- John Deere named one of the best global brands
- John Deere Iowa factory celebrates its 100th anniversary
- John Deere encourages children to carry on the tradition of farm life
- University expansion gives John Deere the chance to gain a new facility
- Illinois students become familiar with the most up-to-speed farming equipment
- A tractor museum in North Dakota features unique John Deere tractors
- John Deere antique clock keeps tabs on the company's dedication to farm life
- High school agriculture students get a sample of groundbreaking equipment
- John Deere plays its part in Perryville's Old Timers' Day event
- Renovations are being performed in Moline to maintain the John Deere heritage
Posted by Green Fun Store on 7/13/2010
The education day will be incorporated into the monthly kid day that occurs at the John Deere location in the Land of Lincoln. A variety of events will be offered to children from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Saturday, July 17.
Admission to the craft day is free and will include Little Johnny's Farm, which provides interactive opportunities for kids. There will also be pedal John Deere Toys that will give children the chance to test their competitive spirit.
Blacksmith demonstrations will also be offered, as will a petting zoo. Booths featuring a variety of area ag-related organizations will also be on hand.
Last month, the John Deere Pavilion's craft day highlighted Dairy Month, which encourages children to learn about how that industry benefits the rest of the country. The event gave kids the chance to make their own cow puppets. Next month's theme will focus on bugs and will feature a related project.