- John Deere named one of the best global brands
- John Deere Iowa factory celebrates its 100th anniversary
- John Deere encourages children to carry on the tradition of farm life
- University expansion gives John Deere the chance to gain a new facility
- Illinois students become familiar with the most up-to-speed farming equipment
- A tractor museum in North Dakota features unique John Deere tractors
- John Deere antique clock keeps tabs on the company's dedication to farm life
- High school agriculture students get a sample of groundbreaking equipment
- John Deere plays its part in Perryville's Old Timers' Day event
- Renovations are being performed in Moline to maintain the John Deere heritage
Iowa festival features craft tent sponsored by John Deere
Posted by Green Fun Store on 8/26/2010
According to news website QCOnline.com, John Deere Attractions, along with the Quad City Botanical Center and the Niabi Zoo, will host children's activities during the event, which will be held at the arts and crafts tent located in Orion's Central Park.
Festivities start on Friday, September 3, and end at 6 p.m. on September 5. Along with the craft tent sponsored by John Deere, children will be able to take part in a fun run, a candy hunting contest and a kids' tractor pull.
Other features include a battle of the bands and a talent contest and a breakfast sponsored by the local Lions Club. All of the events are free to enter, although the festival does collect donations that help area groups.
Festivals like Orion's are a featured event for smaller towns across the country and may mark the height of the summer for residents in those areas. They often showcase activities that cater to kids.