- John Deere named one of the best global brands
- John Deere Iowa factory celebrates its 100th anniversary
- John Deere encourages children to carry on the tradition of farm life
- University expansion gives John Deere the chance to gain a new facility
- Illinois students become familiar with the most up-to-speed farming equipment
- A tractor museum in North Dakota features unique John Deere tractors
- John Deere antique clock keeps tabs on the company's dedication to farm life
- High school agriculture students get a sample of groundbreaking equipment
- John Deere plays its part in Perryville's Old Timers' Day event
- Renovations are being performed in Moline to maintain the John Deere heritage
North Dakota man combines John Deere snowmobile, tractor
Posted by Green Fun Store on 9/27/2010
To create his machine, Kram took the frame of a 1980 green-and-gold snowmobile and combined it with a 1977 John Deere 210 lawn tractor. He bought the former from a friend, while the latter was a donation from his college roommate's parents.
Before embarking on the project, Kram made sure to measure out the machines to see if they could be integrated into one piece of equipment.
"It was crazy, as I went along, how things just kind of came together," Kram told the news organization.
Kram started the project during summer 2009 and managed to get it together so he could ride the John Deere machine during the winter. It tops out at 45 mph, and he said its feel on the trail is markedly different from a normal snowmobile.
A custom John Deere machine was also the object of a recent sweepstakes put on by the company. The Big Buck 4020 contest featured a tractor designed by Chip Foose, who has a show on The Learning Channel.