- John Deere named one of the best global brands
- John Deere Iowa factory celebrates its 100th anniversary
- John Deere encourages children to carry on the tradition of farm life
- University expansion gives John Deere the chance to gain a new facility
- Illinois students become familiar with the most up-to-speed farming equipment
- A tractor museum in North Dakota features unique John Deere tractors
- John Deere antique clock keeps tabs on the company's dedication to farm life
- High school agriculture students get a sample of groundbreaking equipment
- John Deere plays its part in Perryville's Old Timers' Day event
- Renovations are being performed in Moline to maintain the John Deere heritage
Nichols enjoying efforts like Goyodos' 59 at John Deere Classic
Posted by Green Fun Store on 8/6/2010
According to a report from USA Today, Bobby Nichols said he enjoyed the efforts of Paul Goydos at the John Deere Classic and Stuart Appleby during the Greenbrier tournament. Both men managed to swing a 59 during a round and joined the three others who have done it.
"I think the low scores they're shooting are good for the game," Nichols told the paper. "It creates a lot of excitement, and it should draw more attention to the Tour."
While it may be better for golf, lower scores may become rather passe in the coming years. Golfers like Tiger Wood have said that shooting near or under 60 may become more common as golfers further hone their craft.
Nichols said he doesn't think anyone, however, will do it this weekend during the Bridgestone Invitational. Nor does he think a golfer will accomplish it next week during the PGA Championship.