- John Deere named one of the best global brands
- John Deere Iowa factory celebrates its 100th anniversary
- John Deere encourages children to carry on the tradition of farm life
- University expansion gives John Deere the chance to gain a new facility
- Illinois students become familiar with the most up-to-speed farming equipment
- A tractor museum in North Dakota features unique John Deere tractors
- John Deere antique clock keeps tabs on the company's dedication to farm life
- High school agriculture students get a sample of groundbreaking equipment
- John Deere plays its part in Perryville's Old Timers' Day event
- Renovations are being performed in Moline to maintain the John Deere heritage
John Deere welcomes opportunity to sponsor NASCAR race in Iowa
Posted by Green Fun Store on 7/30/2010
The contest is being held at the Iowa Speedway on July 31 and, according to location officials, is expected to attract the venue's largest crowd of the season. John Deere representative Walt Snell said that this presented an attractive opportunity for the company to expand its brand.
"Many Iowans own John Deere equipment, especially in agriculture, and Deere is one of Iowa's largest manufacturing employers," Snell said. "Many of our customers, dealers, suppliers and employees are avid race fans."
John Deere has five corporate locations in the Hawkeye State: Davenport, Des Moines, Dubuque, Ottumwa and Waterloo. Furthermore, its worldwide headquarters is situated just across the Mississippi River in Moline, Illinois.
The race was first held last year at the speedway and was won by Brad Keselowski, who managed to keep Kyle Busch back for long enough to snag the checkered flag.