- John Deere named one of the best global brands
- John Deere Iowa factory celebrates its 100th anniversary
- John Deere encourages children to carry on the tradition of farm life
- University expansion gives John Deere the chance to gain a new facility
- Illinois students become familiar with the most up-to-speed farming equipment
- A tractor museum in North Dakota features unique John Deere tractors
- John Deere antique clock keeps tabs on the company's dedication to farm life
- High school agriculture students get a sample of groundbreaking equipment
- John Deere plays its part in Perryville's Old Timers' Day event
- Renovations are being performed in Moline to maintain the John Deere heritage
John Deere unveils newest marine engine
Posted by Green Fun Store on 2/1/2011 to Current News/Events of John Deere
The John Deere PowerTech 6090AFM75 marine diesel engine is the newest engineering breakthrough from the farm equipment giant and packs quite the punch with 425 horsepower. John Deere will also display four other diesel engines at the Miami show, including its PowerTech 4045TFM75 model.
"John Deere continues to work on expanding the marine engine lineup with more new models and horsepower ratings," Dave Flaherty, John Deere Power Systems' marine marketing manager, said in a statement. The newest engine is designed to "provide high power output with reliable, durable performance for propulsion and generator applications."
Among other features, the diesel engine has 9 liters of displacement and is a 6-cylinder, electronically controlled and turbocharged marine engine; moreover, vertical fuel injectors ensure that it emits fewer emissions and has improved fuel efficiency - ensuring long-term gas savings.
Flaherty affirms that aside from its newest PowerTech offerings, John Deere's marine engines are excellent choices not only for commercial, but also recreational marine activities.