- John Deere named one of the best global brands
- John Deere Iowa factory celebrates its 100th anniversary
- John Deere encourages children to carry on the tradition of farm life
- University expansion gives John Deere the chance to gain a new facility
- Illinois students become familiar with the most up-to-speed farming equipment
- A tractor museum in North Dakota features unique John Deere tractors
- John Deere antique clock keeps tabs on the company's dedication to farm life
- High school agriculture students get a sample of groundbreaking equipment
- John Deere plays its part in Perryville's Old Timers' Day event
- Renovations are being performed in Moline to maintain the John Deere heritage
Posted by Green Fun Store on 1/19/2011 to Current News/Events of John Deere
Deere plans to invest $100 million in both the construction of a new factory and the expansion of its current facility in Pune; workers at the agricultural giant's new factory will assemble small tractors that will be sold in the country and exported abroad, according to a Deere spokesman.
Deere chief executive Samuel R. Allen affirmed that the company hopes to expand throughout the globe as new opportunities arise. "John Deere will continue to pursue opportunities to grow in our core business of agriculture and construction equipment around the world," Allen said in a statement. "We have been successful in growing our tractor market share in India and will invest to continue that success."
Deere has had a presence in India for over 60 years; for the past five years, Deere has been the largest exporter of agricultural machinery from India.