- John Deere named one of the best global brands
- John Deere Iowa factory celebrates its 100th anniversary
- John Deere encourages children to carry on the tradition of farm life
- University expansion gives John Deere the chance to gain a new facility
- Illinois students become familiar with the most up-to-speed farming equipment
- A tractor museum in North Dakota features unique John Deere tractors
- John Deere antique clock keeps tabs on the company's dedication to farm life
- High school agriculture students get a sample of groundbreaking equipment
- John Deere plays its part in Perryville's Old Timers' Day event
- Renovations are being performed in Moline to maintain the John Deere heritage
Posted by Green Fun Store on 2/24/2011 to Current News/Events of John Deere
The Partner-level status is the highest rating Deere bestows upon its suppliers, according to the company; Nucor was selected for the supplier honor because of its prompt delivery of products, its attention to detail and its commitment to improving its business practices and efficiency.
Deere scrutinizes its suppliers and the company said Nucor routinely delivers products of the highest quality either on time or ahead of schedule. Nucor was judged on its quality control, cost management, delivery, technical support and its level of responsiveness. Deere created the program 20 years ago to reward suppliers that beat expectations.
Nucor chief executive Dan DiMicco said the award "is a real honor for all of our Nucor Nebraska teammates as we work toward establishing long-term, value driven relationships with our customers." Moreover, he affirmed the recognition from Deere "demonstrates the strength of our integrated cold finish bar supply chain and our ability to consistently supply a wide range of exceptional quality cold finish bars under demanding market circumstances."
Nucor's team will accept the award on March 1 at the annual Deere & Co Achieving Excellence Awards Banquet.