- John Deere named one of the best global brands
- John Deere Iowa factory celebrates its 100th anniversary
- John Deere encourages children to carry on the tradition of farm life
- University expansion gives John Deere the chance to gain a new facility
- Illinois students become familiar with the most up-to-speed farming equipment
- A tractor museum in North Dakota features unique John Deere tractors
- John Deere antique clock keeps tabs on the company's dedication to farm life
- High school agriculture students get a sample of groundbreaking equipment
- John Deere plays its part in Perryville's Old Timers' Day event
- Renovations are being performed in Moline to maintain the John Deere heritage
Posted by Green Fun Store on 9/27/2010
And while he's won a number of larger tourneys like the John Deere Classic, Stricker has also netted his share of smaller events. A recent piece in Iowa's Waterloo-Cedar Falls Courier noted Stricker won the Northern Iowa Golf Classic while swinging his clubs for the University of Illinois' golf team.
While the tournament is no longer held, Stricker did win it three times in a row during the late '80s. Ken Green, who was the golf coach at Northern Iowa at the time, told the paper he has warm memories of the time.
"I got to shake his hand and hand him a trophy," Green said. "He had a chance to hone his skills in Cedar Falls and Waterloo."
This year's Ryder Cup will be held at the Celtic Manor Resort, which is located in City of Newport, Wales. The team tournament started in 1927and was last won by the U.S. side.