- John Deere named one of the best global brands
- John Deere Iowa factory celebrates its 100th anniversary
- John Deere encourages children to carry on the tradition of farm life
- University expansion gives John Deere the chance to gain a new facility
- Illinois students become familiar with the most up-to-speed farming equipment
- A tractor museum in North Dakota features unique John Deere tractors
- John Deere antique clock keeps tabs on the company's dedication to farm life
- High school agriculture students get a sample of groundbreaking equipment
- John Deere plays its part in Perryville's Old Timers' Day event
- Renovations are being performed in Moline to maintain the John Deere heritage
Posted by Green Fun Store on 2/14/2011 to Current News/Events of John Deere
DeShawn Stevenson, who now plays for the Dallas Mavericks, said that Sloan "had one style and it was hard." Sloan, he affirms, was tough like the John Deere apparel he so frequently wore to practices and on his days off; after 23 years of coaching, however, Sloan said he was simply too tired to continue coaching.
Rick Carlisle, the current coach of the Dallas Mavericks, said that Sloan's coaching style had inspired him to become a more competent coach who makes quick adjustments during games - characteristics Sloan is famed for. "The guy has stood for everything that's right about our league for such a long period of time," Carlisle said. "I've been studying his team for over 22 years, and he has been a master of adjusting to the way the game has changed, the way his personnel has changed … his contributions to coaching and coaches have been gigantic."