- John Deere named one of the best global brands
- John Deere Iowa factory celebrates its 100th anniversary
- John Deere encourages children to carry on the tradition of farm life
- University expansion gives John Deere the chance to gain a new facility
- Illinois students become familiar with the most up-to-speed farming equipment
- A tractor museum in North Dakota features unique John Deere tractors
- John Deere antique clock keeps tabs on the company's dedication to farm life
- High school agriculture students get a sample of groundbreaking equipment
- John Deere plays its part in Perryville's Old Timers' Day event
- Renovations are being performed in Moline to maintain the John Deere heritage
FarmVille takes root on Apple's iPad
Posted by Green Fun Store on 10/22/2010 to Farm Lifestyle
However, they may be able to do so virtually through Facebook by playing FarmVille, one of the social networks most popular video games. Zynga, which created the online representation of farm life, said it is now available on Apple's iPad.
"We want to reach people wherever they want to play the games they love, and deliver the most fun and social experience on every platform," said Steven Chiang, Zynga president of studios.
Users who have the game on their iPad will be able to get updates on their crops while using the device's touch screen to plant them. Whatever they may do in the online version of the farm life game will transfer over in the mobile edition.
Roughly 60 million people play FarmVille, which offers them a taste of what farm life has to offer. Others who might want to get a closer look may consider visiting an area production field, as some offer tours of their facilities.