- John Deere named one of the best global brands
- John Deere Iowa factory celebrates its 100th anniversary
- John Deere encourages children to carry on the tradition of farm life
- University expansion gives John Deere the chance to gain a new facility
- Illinois students become familiar with the most up-to-speed farming equipment
- A tractor museum in North Dakota features unique John Deere tractors
- John Deere antique clock keeps tabs on the company's dedication to farm life
- High school agriculture students get a sample of groundbreaking equipment
- John Deere plays its part in Perryville's Old Timers' Day event
- Renovations are being performed in Moline to maintain the John Deere heritage
Posted by Green Fun Store on 3/22/2011 to Current News/Events of John Deere
In addition to the donation by the company itself, John Deere has also indicated that it will match any donations given by employees up to an additional $500,000. According to the organizaton's CEO and Chairman Samuel Allen, the company felt compelled to contribute as much as they could because of the enormous amount of people that were affected by the violent acts of nature.
The $1 million donation will not include the business' regular yearly donation of $250,000 and is considered a separate contribution. In addition to donating to the American Red Cross National Disaster Relief Fun, Deere also plans to donate an additional $250,000 to the International Red Cross Disaster Relief fund.
While it has been clear for many years that Deere focuses on improving the quality of farm life for individuals that use its products, we now know that they feel a deep bond with the rest of humankind as well.